The use of ExtraBucks®, CVS/pharmacy and third-party manufacturer coupons is accepted in our retail stores in accordance with the following guidelines.
CVS/pharmacy coupons (ExtraBucks® Rewards and ExtraCare® Coupons) and Third Party Manufacturer Coupons are accepted in our retail stores in accordance with the following guidelines:
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept expired coupons.
- Coupons cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards.
Competitor coupons are not accepted at CVS/pharmacy.(removed 02/03/12)
- Third Party Manufacturer coupons are issued by a third party and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price.
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept coupons for items not carried in our stores.
- CVS/pharmacy only accepts ExtraBucks Rewards applicable to the ExtraCare card offered at time of purchase.
- CVS/pharmacy does not currently accept coupon bar code images displayed on a smartphone, iPhone, Droid etc.
- The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid if required by state law.
- Certain CVS/pharmacy coupons may be subject to state sales tax rules similar to third-party manufacturer coupons and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price
- Language at the bottom of CVS/pharmacy coupons provides specific coupon acceptance rules.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines will be accepted at the discretion of CVS management.
- CVS/pharmacy will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept percent off coupons for
sale and promotional itemsan item that is on sale. (wording changed 02/03/12)
- In the event that any item’s price is less than the value of the coupon, CVS/pharmacy will only accept the coupon only to the price of the item. CVS/pharmacy does not provide cash back in exchange for any coupons.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable CVS/pharmacy coupon(s) per item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- There is no limit to the number of ExtraBucks Rewards that may be used in a transaction as long as it does not exceed the transaction total. (added 02/03/12)
- The number of manufacturer coupons used in a transaction may not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
- The coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
- CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
- CVS/pharmacy reserves the right to process coupons in any order.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple Dollar off Transaction coupons (e.g. $3 off $15) in one transaction if they apply (added 02/03/12)
- Ex. Customer may use two 3 off $15 coupons if they are purchasing over $30.00
Buy One, Get One Free Coupons (section added 02/03/12)
- Sales tax must be paid for any Buy One, Get One Free coupon offer, if required by applicable state laws.
- Two coupons may be used on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion as long as it does not exceed the item total
- Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free and the customer is purchasing two shampoos; customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax.
- Buy One, Get One Free promotions may be combined with Buy One, Get One Free Coupons. Customers are responsible for paying applicable tax
- Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a MFG coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will receive both items for free but will need to pay any applicable tax.
Internet/Print at Home Coupons
- CVS/pharmacy accepts valid internet/print at home coupons containing a barcode.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept reproductions or rebates.
other items of interest that were not included in the policy, but are in the faq...
- Q. What type of coupons does CVS/pharmacy accept?
A. CVS/pharmacy accepts CVS/pharmacy Coupons (ExtraBucks® Rewards, offers at register or printed from CVS.com®) and valid internet/print at home coupons containing a barcode. We also accept original third party manufacturer coupons that contain a barcode and must not be a reproduction or a rebate.
Note: CVS/pharmacy will not accept third party manufacturers’ coupons with another retailer’s logo.
- Q. Does CVS/pharmacy allow more than 1 coupon to be used per transaction?
A. Yes. CVS/pharmacy allows ONE CVS/pharmacy and ONE third party manufacturer coupon per item. A transaction is defined as the entirety of purchases on a single receipt. ExtraBucks® Rewards coupons can be applied toward the final cost. Normal exclusions apply. See the bottom of the ExtraBucks® Rewards coupon for details.
Note: Coupons cannot be applied to a "free" item.
- Q. What if I have a CVS/pharmacy coupon for the raincheck item?
A. The raincheck will extend the CVS/pharmacy coupon expiration date. Both the CVS/pharmacy coupon and raincheck must be presented at time of purchase. The raincheck will be attached to the CVS/pharmacy coupon by store personnel.
- Q. What if I have a third party manufacturer’s coupon for the raincheck item?
A. CVS/pharmacy cannot accept a third party manufacturer coupon after it has expired.
- Q. What types of pharmacy coupons do you accept?
A. Here are guidelines surrounding pharmacy coupons:
CVS/pharmacy does accept competitor coupon and transfer offers; however, matching or providing incentive for an automatic refill program is strictly prohibited. It is against CVS/pharmacy policy to accept this type of competitor coupon for enrollment in ReadyFill®.
Coupon offers are not valid and must not be honored for prescriptions paid for in whole or in part by state and or federal health care programs. These programs include Medicare, Medicaid and TriCare.
Coupons also are void where prohibited by law. Coupon offers are not valid for prescriptions purchased in the states of MA, NJ and NY, and on any prescription for a controlled dangerous substance in the states of HI and LA.
The gift card received from a coupon offer cannot be used to pay for the same purchase but can be used for future purchases.
CVS/pharmacy will not accept offers printed from unauthorized internet postings, copies or facsimiles of any offer. The original valid coupon must be presented at the time of purchase.